exotic tribal + the amazing home of Diane von Furstenberg


The last post was about tribal elements and tribal inspired pieces primarily form Native Americans and the southwest, but today I am sharing a more exotic type of tribal influence. One the brings to mind images of far-off vistas and once-in-a-lifetime-dream-destinations like Africa....







I think the only mistake you can make with these is to try an "theme" your space - we aren't trying to reimagine a safari, just bringing in a few select pieces and accessories that make your heart skip a beat. I'm doing this in my own home - I just ordered this vintage mud cloth from an ebay seller.





Can't wait to see this beauty up close!! It will be mounted to a wooden frame and hung over my family room fireplace - there are eighteen foot ceilings in this room, and after debating a gallery wall I decided to go with one large scale piece. I'll happily take pics to share in the next weeks as this room is finally coming together :)


Here are some bits and pieces I think we will be seeing pop up more and more in the coming months...


luscious walls, and ideas for even more luscious walls :)






 art, with a super easy DIY idea for block printing with string and paint -- this would work with fabric paint for pillows, etc, as well, yes?






the horn - thinking this could be the next antler...







and I really couldn't do this post without including the AH-MAZING apt of DVF - have you seen this?!!

My absolute favourite right now. I love it all. Exactly the right mix of clean lines, pattern, glam and authenticity.








Ready to move in? Me too. Hope you have a lovely weekend planned, we are having round two of the family celebrations for Miss N's birthday. I am officially Mum to a teen. Scary :) x am



photo links: breastplate shorts woman woman 2 Tiébélé dwellings bag walls 1 wallpaper horn 3 horns batik pillows Wllpaper carpet kuma pillow console+horn Anne-Marie Ezeard / Pinterest( elephant blanket (yarn block print Tribal inspired print DVF apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment